Our Christmas Letter
Since September of last year I have been home for five months. I've spent about 4 months training at Hurlburt Field, FL (home of the Air Force Special Operations Command), 4 months in Ramadi, Iraq, and a few months at my home unit. We have all grown and changed, and learned much about each other and ourselves.
We believe in the cause of freedom that we are fighting for in Iraq. And I can testify that if Americans knew what their soldiers were accomplishing over there, they would be extremely proud and hopeful. Do not lose faith in your soldiers.
On the homefront we are trusting in God to direct our paths. We thought we knew how the next few years would be playing out, but our plans fell through when I learned that I was not accepted by the Univeristy of Illinois Law school. So it looks like we will be moving a few hours away to either attend law school at Northern Illinois University, or begin working for a new company. Hopefully we will know for sure by next month. Please pray for the decisions we will have to make in the future.
Our boys continue to bring us joy and laughter (and grey hair)...they both enjoy school and work hard to do well. They are both active and healthy and full speed boys.
Kitchen 6 continues to work for a local farmer driving tractors, mowing, etc., and delivering mail as a Rural Route Carrier.
While 2005 was a year of hardship, uncertainty, and facing of fears (would I ever see my family again?), 2006 begins with more questions than answers. However, God has brought us through the valley (miraculously at times in Iraq) and we are excited about the blessings He has in store for us!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home