Last weekend home for a while
This is my last weekend with the family until my short tour is complete. I spent yesterday with Landon on his first deer hunt, and amazingly enough he shot a good size doe at dusk! And it was an unbelievable shot--around 100 yards with his 20 gauge Remington 870 with iron sites. I spent last night dressing and skinning the deer, so it was a memorable day for all.
I spent all day today with Lincoln, and he beat me at mini-golf.......again! The kid is good. We did the rock climbing wall, bumper cars, and spaceball (on the trampoline). Tonight the boys are celebrating Landon's birthday with a bunch of their friends. So far they've had a nerf gun war, pizza, halo 2 4x4, knee football, and soon we will do cake and ice cream, and then more halo.
Sunday evening we will all say our goodbyes and the little lady and I will drive to the bed & breakfast I've been staying at during training. (It's a pretty good deal, the owner has agreed to accept the government rate so I can get out of the super 8!) Next week I will begin the journey that should eventually lead to eastern afghanistan in a week or two. Once I get settled I will post again. Cheers! K12


3 Comments:
will be praying for you and the crew's (both home and away). love when you post on the blog...thanks for doing what you do...we (the johnson's and many, many others) are so thankful for you and others like you whom are willing to risk so much for our freedom and for the freedom of others. God Bless...
Ben Johnson
ps...by the way...where might one send these care packages?
We will be praying for your safety and the safety of your men. Sis and the boys will also be in my prayers and I will keep in touch with them by phone/email and try to make a visit or two. Please let us know where we can send our care packages. I will be checking your Blog on a regular basis! Love you - - Big Sis
FYI; your MAX GUI order actually came in yesterday. Some terminal work looks like it's coming as well.
God bless; we'll be praying for you.
Pat
Post a Comment
<< Home