Monday, December 24, 2007

A Christmas Miracle....Afghan style

I must say I believe I witnessed a minor miracle tonight.  Christmas Eve.
 
Due to my constant moving around from base to base I have left a trail of belongings and mail.  Although I have managed to consolidate most of my belongings, mail seems to keep showing up at my old base like old college fundraising letters.
 
Well I emailed the guys at my old base and informed them of a special Christmas helo run that would stop at their location and also stop at mine.  Sooooo, the plan was for them to ask the crew chief if they could toss a couple packages aboard and then kick them off at my location.  The birds were scheduled to go directly from them to me.  Of course the schedule changed.
 
Three hours and about 6 bases later the blackhawks finally touched down (the helo team thought they had cancelled and were not even looking for them).  I ran out to the blackhawk (chose the second one, not the lead) and arrived just as the crew chief was kicking boxes out the door.  And there they were.  Two packages for me, one for another guy that has returned to the states, and some extra box with t-shirts (no address or pickerupper)...oh and a bag of laundry.  Which, as I am now writing has just occured to me, could be my laundry! 
 
Of course I left my laundry at Bagram (which is another story entirely) and these packages were added at Naray, but since the helos originated at Bagram, it is mathematically possible that it is mine.  Or was mine.  I have no idea where it is now.  But I will go ask around.
 
Back to the topic of my two packages.  I have not opened them yet, and it is now 1250am local time---Christmas! 
 
And so I will shortly open my presents!
 
I will write more later, but please know that all is well and good here in this faraway land.  I pray for all my friends and family that God will draw everyone closer to His Son--Jesus--who came to set the captives free.  I testify tonight that I once was lost, but now am found! 
And it was God that found me, freed me, and has richly blessed me with loving family and friends.  In fact, He sent His son to earth to find those that were lost and in captivity, and only through Him can we find true freedom.
 
Fighting for freedom.
K12

4 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We await OUR best, yet Belated Christmas present of 2007....your safe arrival home! God alone divinely sustains us with patient endurance. Thinking of you and missing you deeply.

Love, RK, LK1, LK2

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

T...

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas. Know that y'all are in our prayers...

Ya stay safe, ya'hear!

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We Love You And Miss You....You are with us in Spirit as our Thoughts and Prayers are with you.

Play safe...Merry CHRISmas T

Love Mom and Mark

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tman-

Merry Christmas in your faraway land. You, R & the boys are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Love you all!!

Thank you.
Laura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home